5 Essential Summer Natural Skin Care Beauty Tips To Keep Your Skin and The Environment Healthy
For most of us, summer fun means lots of time spent out-of-doors with activities that subject our skin to the sun, salt, insects, and dirt. With a little help from organic and natural skin care products, you can enjoy the great out-of-doors without wreaking havoc on your skin and hair.
Here are five beauty tip suggestions to keep you in a summer glow.
- Sunscreen needs to be part of your daily going out-of-doors summer routine. Make a good choice and select a natural sunscreen that protects against both UVA and UVB sun rays. Both types of rays damage skin by affecting collagen and both can cause cancer. Avoid sunscreens with a long list of chemicals – especially Para-amino Benzoic Acid, also known as PABA. These chemicals are easily absorbed through the skin causing health problems and also finding their way into the environment causing damage to soil and groundwater.
- After a day in the sun at the beach or pool, or hiking the forest trails, thoroughly cleanse skin and hair with a gentle organic foaming cleanser. Look for a cleanser that blends organic and natural ingredients that will gently clean while replacing natural oils. Natural ingredients like Clary Sage, Aloe Vera; Jojoba, Olive, or Coconut Oils; and essential oils will gently cleanse while rejuvenating skin and hair. Coconut oil is especially good for replacing natural oils for skin and hair.
- Nourish and replenish skin with an organic all-over body moisturizer. Organic and natural ingredients like Bergamot and Litsea essential oils energize and help to tone and rejuvenate your skin. A great choice for summer is a moisturizer that contains lemon or lime essential oils, as a citrus blend energizes and also works as an insect repellent. Remember to use it on nail cuticles and dry skin on your feet!
- Summer is the time for bare feet and sandals. Show off those toes with eco-friendly non-toxic nail polish. Look for water-based polishes that do not use FD&C colors and that has removed the toxic chemical trio of ingredients which include dibutyl phthalate, formaldehyde, and toluene. Water-based polishes are better for your health and the health of the environment.
- Complete the summer glow with smooth, luscious lips. Use a chemical-free, paraben-free, natural lip gloss. Be sure to care to read lipstick labels as many still contain lead which is a proven neurotoxin. Look for organic or natural lip-gloss enriched with vitamin E, cocoa butter, olive oil, and shea butter. This will provide lots of moisture preventing cracked lips and will also provide a long-lasting shine.
This summer enjoy all nature has to offer whether surfing the waves, laying by the pool, or observing nature from a forest trail. Remember the above tips for organic and natural ways to keep skin, hair, and the environment healthy.