Air Fryer Sesame Salmon is such a great addition for a spinach salad (or alone). We love a good spinach salad and often just make one with some hard boiled eggs, spring onions, feta cheese, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Adding the sesame salmon takes that easy spinach salad to a really fancy salad! This dish is great for a dinner party or just to have a nice quite meal at home! Hey, it only takes about 15 minutes to make.
Air Fryer Sesame Salmon
First, you’ll want to mix together the sauce for the salmon. The sauce includes; honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, ginger, and sesame seeds.
Next, season the salmon with salt and pepper. Just lightly sprinkle the salt and pepper directly on the salmon. Note: The sauce has soy sauce so don’t put too much salt on the salmon, just a very light sprinkle.
Spray the bottom of the air fryer with cooking spray. We prefer to use either olive oil or butter spray. Slice a Lemon and place slices of lemon in the tray of the air fryer. This adds a little lemon flavor to the salmon. NOTE: If you don’t have lemons, the salmon will cook just fine without adding them to the air fryer.
Cook the salmon at 400 degrees for 8 minutes
After the salmon has cooked for the 8 minutes, brush the sauce on the top and sides of the fish. Cook the salmon for an additional 6 minutes at 400 degrees. Note: All air fryers are a little different so cooking time can vary. Just check to make sure the salmon is done, and add a few extra minutes if needed. A meat thermometer can really come in handy to get the exact temperature of the salmon and tell when it’s completely cooked through to your preference.
While the salmon is cooking prepare the salad portion of the Sesame Salmon Spinach Salad! 😀 If you want hardboiled eggs for the salad: Place eggs in a sauce pan, cover the eggs with cold water. Bring the water to a boil. Boil the eggs for 7 1/2 minutes. Remove eggs from heat, drain and cover the eggs with cold water and some ice cubes.
We like to use baby spinach for our salads. First, rinse the spinach with cold water to get off any sand or dirt, then spin dry in a salad spinner. Place some spinach on each plate. Chop green onion and place on top of the spinach. Sprinkle crumbled feta cheese over spinach. Drizzle your favorite salad dressing on top of the salad. We try to always measure out the salad dressing. It’s very easy to put on too much and, before you know it, half the dressing bottle is gone. Also, as much as I love salad dressing, it’s usually a better salad with a little less dressing than what I think “looks” like the right amount to go on. 😀
Sesame Salmon Spinach Salad
When Salmon is done in the air fryer. Place it on top of the salad and the Sesame Salmon Spinach Salad is complete. Enjoy!!!!!
Sesame Salmon Spinach Salad Recipe Tips:
- Use light soy sauce to ensure the salmon doesn’t taste too salty
- Placing the lemons in the air fryer adds a nice flavor to the salmon. The lemons are not necessary the salmon cooks great either way.
- If you’re like us and think ginger is kind of a pain to grate OR it that seems like we don’t have any when we want to cook with it…. We found that you can peel the ginger with a potato peeler then place the peeled ginger in a small food processor and chop. Just put the chopped ginger in an air tight container or zip lock bag and freeze!! It can be frozen up to 6 months. This way ginger is always available.
Air Fryer Sesame Salmon Spinach Salad
This Sesame Salmon Spinach Salad is easy to prepare and shines with flavors of sesame, ginger, honey, and soy sauce.
- 12 Ounces Salmon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Chili Garlic Sauce (Gochujang sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- 6 Cups Spinach
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Green Onions
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese
- Mix together Honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, ginger, sesame seeds
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on salmon
- Spray the inside of the air fryer basket with cooking spray
- Place sliced lemons in the bottom of the air fryer (This step is optional)
- Place salmon in air fryer on top of the lemon slices
- Air Fry salmon for 8 minutes at 400 degrees
- Brush sauce on the salmon. Cook for 6 additional minutes at 400 degrees
- Check to make sure salmon is done the way you want. A meat thermometer will help determine exact doneness of the salmon.
- Hard boil eggs. Place eggs in a sauce pan, cover with water, bring to a boil and boil for 7 1/2 minutes. Drain the eggs and cover with cold water and some ice. Peel the eggs.
- Rinse the Spinach with cold water to remove any dirt or sand. Spin the cleaned spinach in a salad spinner or pat dry. Place half the spinach on each plate
- Slice green onions. Sprinkle the onions on top of the spinach. Cut the eggs in quarters.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese on top of the spinach
- Top with your favorite salad dressing. We like balsamic vinegar salad dressing.
- Place salmon on top of the salad
Calories: 536kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 291mg | Sodium: 1213mg | Potassium: 1571mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 9096IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 354mg | Iron: 6mg