Easy Weight Loss Plan For Teens – Easy Weight Loss Guidelines
It is common knowledge that excess fat in your body puts you at risk with many health problems. If you are an overweight teenager looking to reduce those risks and prevent disease, you should devise an easy weight loss plan suitable for teens.
Your plan should include both short-term and long-term goals. These goals must be reasonably easy for you to achieve and sensible, meaning no fad diets or extreme exercise regimes. This will greatly increase your chances of attaining your target effective and more importantly in a healthier manner.
Below are some guidelines, from various experts which you can adopt for your easy weight plan for teens.
1. You have to be realistic about your goals. Do not be too ambitious. Aim for targets you can easily achieve for your short-term goals, like maybe you may want to lose 1 to 2 pounds per week initially. Then, gradually work towards 3 to 4 pounds or more per week. Your long-term goal should be based on your BMI or body mass index. This is a good indicator of what your ideal weight should be. And, it should be between 19 and 24.9. Anywhere above is considered overweight. While, any number above 30 is considered obesity.
2. As mentioned above, start slow and build on it bit by bit. If you have never exercised before, it is advisable to start with easy ones like walking. Look for interesting routes around your neighbourhood or park. Then, plan to walk through them at least 3 to 4 times, for 30 minutes each time, per week. Your eventually aim is to do it everyday.
3. Change your diet to a healthier one if yours is not. Learn to whip up some tasty treats using weight loss recipes. Eat more fruits and vegetables. Take more small meals (5 to 6) everyday rather than few big ones. Cut down on oily and sweet stuff.
4. Stay focused on your exercise and diet routines. Rather than focusing on how much weight you going to lose this week. Focus on how much exercise you are going to do and what food you should be avoiding and what you should be eating. This will help make your easy weight loss plan for teens, even easier.
5. Do not be too hard on yourself. If you fail to achieve your target this week, there is always next week. Even if you lose just 1 pound this week, it is better than gaining 1 pound. Motivate yourself by thinking along this line. An all-or-nothing attitude can only set you up for failure. Constantly re-evaluating and improving on your exercise and diet plans is the way to go.
6. In fact, keeping a positive outlook and staying confident in your weight loss plans is the most important aspect of your plan. This way you will not give up easily, and eventually make your goals reality.
The bottom line is, losing weight need not be a stressful thing. It should be done in an easy and relax manner. By following the above guidelines, you will have devised for yourself, an easy weight loss plan for teens.