(as of Jan 13,2022 23:42:22 UTC – Details)
From the Publisher
Sample Recipe: Pecan Sandies
If you are craving a buttery, melt-in-your-mouth shortbread cookie, this recipe is for you. Prepare to go old-school, since this cookie dough must be made by hand to get the perfect texture.
1. Preheat the oven to 300F.
2. In a medium bowl, using a whisk, combine the almond flour, erythritol–monk fruit blend, chopped pecans (if using), baking powder, and salt.
3. Take the butter out of the refrigerator, and cut it into about 30 small slices. Distribute the butter and vanilla into the flour mixture evenly. Use your fingers to rub the pieces of butter into the flour mixture, and work them into the mixture for about 5 minutes, or until the dough comes together.
4. Press the dough into a 10-by-10-inch baking pan. Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 45 minutes.
5. Use the tines of a fork to poke holes in the top of the pecan sandies. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the edges are light golden brown.
6. Allow the shortbread to cool in the pan completely before slicing, as these cookies can be fragile.
7. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 weeks.
Calories: 153; Total Fat: 15g; Total Carbohydrates: 3g; Net Carbs: 1g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 3g; Erythritol: 6g
MACROS: Fat: 88%; Protein: 8%; Carbs: 4%
Ingredients: 2 ½ cups finely milled almond flour, measured and sifted ¾ cup granulated erythritol–monk fruit blend ½ cup finely chopped pecans (optional) 1 teaspoon baking powder ½ teaspoon sea salt 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, very cold 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Publisher : Rockridge Press; Illustrated edition (December 31, 2019)
Language : English
Paperback : 156 pages
ISBN-10 : 1641528931
ISBN-13 : 978-1641528931
Item Weight : 13.1 ounces
Dimensions : 7.5 x 0.42 x 9.25 inches