Pleasing the family when you’re setting out on a little time off can be pretty tough to do. Luckily, with the plethora of Texas tourist attractions available to check out, you’re really in a position where you have to answer the age-old question: “Are we there yet?”
Texas is a big state, and while some might think that navigating the ins and outs of the Lone Star State doesn’t seem particularly interesting for a vacation, Texas makes sure to pack as much as it can for people of all ages & regardless if you’re a native Texas or not.
Here are nine pretty cool tourist attractions that are sure to please the whole family:
1. Horseshoe Junction – If your family is all about arcade games, go-cart track racing, or mini golf, Horseshoe Junction is the place to be. Horsehoe Junction is a little less known, which means you can avoid the types of crowds that can make family fun parks tough to navigate.
2. Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Park in Brenham, TX – This place is perfect if you like history & have always been curious as to the origins of Texas. It’s located on the Brazos River and provides them with a look at the birth of the Lone Star State.
3. Texas Cotton Gin Museum in Burton Texas – Visit the oldest operating cotton gin in America. Admission is free, and visitors get a chance to see cotton ginned and baled.
4. Tour Kyle Field – If you’re a fan of college football, Texas is a great place to check out some cool places. Perhaps the coolest is the home of the 12th man, Kyle Field, home of the Texas A&M Aggies. You even have proximity to the presidential library of George H.W. Bush.
5. Birthplace of Texas GeoTour – You may find your family unwilling to put down their technology. Why not use it for a pretty fun adventure? This geo-tour covers all of Washington County, TX, and is the very first official GeoTour in the state. Geocaching is like a real-world outdoor treasure hunt using a smartphone or GPS. Think Texas treasure hunt meets Pokémon Go.
6. LBJ Presidential Library & Museum – Austin has a lot to do, but you can’t pass up a chance to check out the LBJ Presidential Library & Museum. It gives visitors a chance to learn about the man in charge of taking hold of the country after the assassination of JFK.
7. Space Center Houston – This is the official visitor center of NASA’s Johnson Space Center. You can walk through the space shuttle replica Independence, and you can even touch a rock from the moon.
8. The River Walk in San Antonio – Described as “The American Venice”, the River Walk is a perfect blend of classic Old Mexico flavor, big-city downtown commerce, and a relaxing urban oasis.
9. Blue Bell Ice Cream – Blue Bell Headquarters is located in Brenham, TX. If you grew up in Texas or have heard about its sweltering heat, you know that a hot summer afternoon is soundly defeated by the taste of Blue Bell Ice Cream, a true Texas classic. Your family can visit the Blue Bell Country Store and get a scoop of ice cream in their parlors.
Finding the perfect Texas tourist attractions to make your family smile is simple. With a little forethought & creativity, you’ll be on your way to having the vacation of a lifetime!