When you buy through our links, Insider may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
is the best time of year to score huge savings on big-ticket items, like TVs, smart home devices, and computers. But with the sale day bigger than ever, you can also score massive discounts on pricey home gym equipment like treadmills.
A high-quality treadmill is one of the best additions you can make to your home gym. If you’re a runner, it lets you maintain your endurance on nasty days throughout the winter. If you’re not a runner, a treadmill allows you to up your cardiovascular capabilities by performing HIIT sprints or just walking on an incline.
We’ve tested dozens of the indoor runners ourselves and narrowed in on the best treadmills to spend your money on. And this year, the week of Black Friday deals and ahead of Cyber Monday deals, we’re seeing savings anywhere from $100 to a whopping $800 off on those top picks.
The best Black Friday 2021 treadmill deals
Black Friday Treadmill FAQs
When do Black Friday sales start?
Black Friday started today, November 26, but many retailers are starting sales earlier and earlier. We started seeing treadmill deals on Monday, November 22, plus huge discounts on electronics, home goods, and gadgets. Most Black Friday sales will run through Sunday, November 28 and then
will launch November 29.
What makes for the best treadmill?
Like all products we cover on Insider Reviews, we’ve rigorously tested top treadmills on the market to determine the best available. In our experience and opinion, the best treadmills should rank high in their performance, features, quality, and value. Specifically, you should look for:
- Top performance: A treadmill should be comfortable to run on, have good shock absorption, be long and wide enough to support your stride, and ideally not be too loud as you pound every step.
- Built-in features: At the very least, a good treadmill should have an easy-to-use speed, incline, and stats screen. But with modern treadmills, it’s also nice to have things like an interactive screen that can stream workouts or videos and display pace metrics.
- Quality: Your treadmill will take a beating, so you want to purchase from a quality brand that uses durable, reliable parts that will withstand the test of time (and miles).
- Value: The value of a treadmill is a combination of the above three factors plus the price. If a treadmill has a high sticker price, it should offer the best of the above features. If you’re looking to save a little money, you can work with the barebones of the above, but a good value will still be durable and offer you the basics you need in a treadmill.
How do we pick the best treadmill deals?
- Every product we recommend meets our high standard of unbiased coverage. It’s usually from a brand we trust, have tested extensively, and/or have thoroughly researched.
- When choosing which deals are worth featuring, we first consider the value of the product on its own (if it’s not a quality item, it’s not worth your money, no matter the deal). Then, we compare prices across multiple retailers to make sure the price that we list is the best one available.
- We stay up on the price history for every product we recommend in order to provide context on whether or not this is actually a good deal and, ultimately, if it’s worth your time and money.