When you buy through our links, Insider may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more.
- Shopping is made a lot easier when the store you choose has a good return policy in place.
- Most stores offer a 30-day window for returns, but many have extended to over 60 days for the holidays.
- If you received a gift that needs to be exchanged, check the return period so you don’t miss the deadline.
Store return policies are here to keep your bases covered for when that new sweater doesn’t fit, or you change your mind about a purchase. The option to return products for a full refund also takes a lot of the risk out of online shopping, where you’re often buying based on descriptions and pictures alone.
For the most part, stores tend to limit their return windows to a max of 30 days. However, with the holidays and COVID-19 concerns in mind, many retailers are offering longer return periods for shoppers.
Below, we gathered up some of the stores offering extended return windows of 60 days or more. If you received a gift that needs to be exchanged, knowing these policies will ensure you don’t miss any return deadlines.
Find longer return policies at these nationwide stores:
Style & clothing
- Aldo: Returns must be with their original receipt and packaging, and made within 60 days.
- Anthropologie: Returns made within 60 days of purchase will be refunded to your original method of payment; returns made afterward are only eligible for store credit. For the holidays, orders placed between October 1, 2021 and December 1, 2021 can be returned anytime before January 31, 2022.
- Bonobos: Unwashed, unworn items can be returned within 90 days of the date of purchase for a refund in store credit. A refund to your original payment method is offered for returns that occur within 45 days of the original purchase.
- Bloomingdale’s: Most items can be returned within 90 days, so long as they are in saleable condition.
- JCPenney: Effective October 20, 2021, JCPenney extended its return window to 90 days from purchase date.
- Kohl’s: Most products can be returned within 180 days of purchase. Exceptions include premium electronics and beauty products, which have shorter return periods.
- Macy’s: Macy’s offers free returns for products within 90 days of purchase. As part of the store’s holiday return policy, purchases made after October 5, 2021 are eligible for return through January 31, 2022.
- Nike: All Nike items fall under the extended 60-day return policy, with a few exceptions. You’ll be refunded via your original method of payment.
- Nordstrom: Nordstrom offers returns without any time limit, but evaluates them on a case-by-case basis.
- REI: REI offers returns and exchanges for a full year after your purchase. There are some exceptions, such as outdoor electronics, so check the full policy to make sure your items qualify.
- Urban Outfitters: Throughout the year, Urban Outfitters limits returns to a 30-day window, but orders placed between October 1, 2021 and December 25, 2021 can be returned by February 28, 2022.
- Zappos: Zappos offers shoppers a full year to return unworn merchandise with original tags.
Home, kitchen, tech, and pet supplies
- Bath & Body Works: Bath & Body Works allows its customers to return anything, anytime, for any reason — no return window limit.
- Bed Bath & Beyond: Shoppers have 90 days to return or exchange purchases for a refund to their original method of payment
- Best Buy: Though Best Buy typically offers a 15-day return window, most Best Buy products purchased between October 18, 2021 and January 2, 2022 qualify for an extended return period that lasts until January 16, 2022. Some exclusions apply, so check Best Buy’s site for full details.
- Chewy: Chewy offers returns for a full year after your order is made
- IKEA: Unopened products can be returned to IKEA within a year after purchase, while opened items only have 180 days to be returned.
- Target: Target accepts returns for up to 90 days after purchase; RedCard holders get an extra 30 days added to that for a total 120-day return window.
- Walmart: Most items can be returned within 90 days of purchase for a full refund, with exceptions like prescription glasses and electronics.
- Fenty Beauty: Returns made within 60 days of purchase will receive a full refund to your original method of payment.
- Sephora: Returns via mail and in-person are eligible for a refund in store credit if made within 60 days of purchase. Returns made within 30 days can be refunded to your original method of payment.
- Ulta: Products returned within 60 days are eligible for a refund to your original payment method. Returns made after that window will receive in-store credit.