The firm diet plan is what’s needed when you move from your regular way of eating in your attempt to lose weight. It is usually very hard to stick to your diet plan.
You make promises to yourself regarding all the things you will give up. You swear that you are giving up fizzy drinks and replace it with water. You fool yourself into believing that one little piece of that bar of chocolate will not hurt, but have you ever eaten one little piece of chocolate and leave the rest? It does not happen easily we need to stick to the firm diet plan.
The Firm Diet Plan – It Is Just an Apple
The way to lose the weight is to commit and promise yourself you will not give in to temptation. I remember years ago asking a work colleague if she would like an apple, and was told that her diet did not allow it now.
My thought was, one apple won’t hurt! But where do you draw the line. The idea is to commit to something and stick to the plan.
As the only way you can lose the pounds is by sticking to your carefully thought out plan, how do you get the motivation and control to stick to your diet plan?
The firm diet plan – these tips below will help you stay on track.
• Set practical weight loss target for yourself. What you have to remember is if you set unattainable goals you will fail. Stay away for fad diets or crash diets that promise you to lose 20 pounds in one week. Set a realistic weight loss goal – doctors and dietitians will tell you one pound a week is a healthy loss. Once you have your goal, give yourself a treat (half an apple) and start losing another pound.
• Choose your diet plan well and make sure it is suited to your way of eating as well as healthy. Choose your food items well. Are you cutting down on fats and sugars? Stick to around 1500 calories a day, and look closely at your weekly shopping list. Ask yourself if you can live with the plan chosen and will it work for you.
• Plan your meals a week or more in advance. Make your shopping list and do not forget the healthy snacks. They will come in handy when you need something quick to eat or waiting for mealtime.
• Remember the point of dieting is not only to lose the weight, but to develop a new permanent lifestyle; you do not want to regain the weight.
• Make sure you have each day the required vitamins and minerals in your diet.
• Talk positively and give yourself pep talks. Set aside a few minutes each day to be positive. Talk loudly to yourself – stop worrying about what others think about you. Reaffirm your goal of losing the pound at the end of the week and nothing is going to stop you.
• Losing weight is not that easy or we will all be the ideal weight with nothing to worry about. Take it slowly. It took years to pile on the pounds and it will take time to take it off. Aim to lose one pound a week – that is 52 pounds a year.
Check out 60 Ways To Lose Weight