(as of Oct 17,2021 22:09:19 UTC – Details)
Delicious recipes and great stories from Jersey Shore’s Vinny Guadagnino.
You can change your diet (and your life) with Jersey Shore star and ketogenic diet aficionado, Vinny Guadagnino. Growing up in a big Italian family didn’t naturally lend itself to a carb-free lifestyle―so when Vinny started the ketogenic diet, the transformation in his body amazed him. He realized that eating keto was both healthy and sustainable, and he had never felt better. To share his passion for this way of eating, Vinny created the moniker “keto guido,” and started posting his recipes online. Vinny’s fans began asking when he would publish a book of recipes that would show them how to get started, and The Keto Guido Cookbook was born.
Packed with over 100 recipes―plus a convenient 7-day ketogenic diet meal plan―The Keto Guido Cookbook shows you that a good diet can be easy, healthy, and great tasting. Peppered throughout with Vinny’s personal stories, as well as a scientific breakdown from Ketogenic Diet Expert and Wellness Coach, Karissa Long, this cookbook will help you eat well, feel amazing, and look stunning.
This ketogenic diet cookbook includes:
- The ketogenic diet made simple―Go keto in no time with dozens of recipes that take 30 minutes or less, a 1-week meal plan, and a helpful guide to what you should (and shouldn’t) be eating.
- Over 100 ketogenic diet recipes―Cook up mouthwatering meals that’ll satisfy your cravings―including keto-fied American-Italian classics―like Italian Sausage Breakfast Casserole, Zucchini Roll Manicotti, Baked Chicken Caprese, and Tiramisu.
- Fun and inspiring stories―Vinny shares everything he’s learned about eating right, finding success, and the joy of home-cooked meals.
Discover the most entertaining (and most flavorful) way to start a ketogenic diet with The Keto Guido Cookbook.
From the Publisher
SAMPLE RECIPE: Vinny’s Bistecca Alla Fiorentina
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES | SERVES: 4
Porterhouse steaks are basically oversize T-bones and are meant to serve two people—or one very hungry person. To hit the porterhouse designation, the cut has to have a tenderloin section that’s 1¼ inches at its widest point. Look for a good marbling of white fat, especially in the loin section, and avoid cuts with yellow fat.
1. Preheat the grill to high heat.
2. Rub the steaks with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season them generously with salt and pepper.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the white wine and the remaining 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
4. Using the rosemary sprigs as basters, baste the steaks on both sides with the wine mixture.
5. Grill the steaks, flipping them once, until they’re seared on both sides, 6 to 8 minutes in total (125°F internal temperature) for medium rare.
6. Serve. Let the steaks rest for 10 minutes, then divide them between four plates, and serve them with lemon wedges.
Tip: Make sure your rosemary sprigs are fresh and have lots of needles on the end to create the perfect flexible marinade mop. Older rosemary sprigs will be stiffer and will impart less flavor to the steaks
PER SERVING: Macronutrients: Fat: 71%; Protein: 26%; Carbs: 3% Calories: 569; Total fat: 45g; Total carbs: 0g; Fiber: 0g; Net carbs: 0g; Sodium: 238mg; Protein: 35g
2 Bone-in Porterhouse Steaks (1 inch thick)
6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Sea Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1/2 Cup White Wine
2 Rosemary Sprigs
Lemon Wedges, For Serving
Publisher:Rockridge Press (September 24, 2019)
Item Weight:1.45 pounds
Dimensions:7.4 x 0.8 x 9.1 inches