(as of Jun 28, 2023 10:38:56 UTC – Details)
You’ve read about quinoa’s myriad health benefits, noticed its migration on to menus, even learned how to correctly pronounce its name, and now the important part: How do you incorporate quinoa into your kitchen?
There’s little wonder why quinoa—a gluten-free, superfood rich in protein and antioxidants—has transformed from obscure ancient seed into modern culinary staple. While quinoa has become well known, what is lesser known is that the grain-like food, often referred to as the perfect protein, can be incorporated into practically any recipe from breakfast to dessert. Fortunately, that’s where The Quinoa Cookbook enters the story.
IS IT DIFFICULT TO USE? One aspect of quinoa that you might not be aware of is that the superfood is easy to prepare. And The Quinoa Cookbook makes it even easier by offering hundreds of simple recipes to help you cut down on gluten (or eliminate it completely), lose weight and incorporate quinoa into your everyday life.
The versatile quinoa can serve as the main ingredient in recipes such as the delicious Quinoa Risotto With Mushrooms and Thyme. At the same time it is a healthy substitute as demonstrated in the Flourless Chocolate Cake or Quinoa Porridge.
DID YOU KNOW?
• Quinoa contains all nine of the essential amino acids humans need to stay healthy
• Quinoa is a rich source of calcium, magnesium, manganese, iron, B vitamins, vitamin E, copper, zinc and dietary fiber
• Quinoa promotes weight loss and is one of the only plants with protein; it is closely related to species such as beets and spinach
THE QUINOA COOKBOOK INCLUDES:
• Hundreds of recipes that introduce quinoa into every meal of the day and dessert too
• A “Bonus Section” containing a sample menu for both everyday dining and entertaining
• Recipes that incorporate quinoa into your favorite international dishes from Japan to Mexico
• A chapter dedicated to ensuring that you understand how to work with quinoa and achieve the tastiest results
Publisher : Rockridge University Press; Illustrated edition (May 27, 2012)
Language : English
Paperback : 184 pages
ISBN-10 : 1623150078
ISBN-13 : 978-1623150075
Item Weight : 11.7 ounces
Dimensions : 7.5 x 0.42 x 9.25 inches