Sunflower Oil is used so often that most people can’t live without it. It is also very popular amongst restaurants and various food establishments. What makes this oil so special and popular that cooks and chefs prefer it so often?
- Sunflower oil is largely popular because it is an affordable cooking oil that can be used daily. The more you buy the cheaper it is and this is a benefit that restaurants enjoy. It comes in various container sizes including a 375 ml bottle, 500 ml bottle, 750 bottles, 2-liter bottle, 5-liter bottle, 20-liter jerry can, 200-liter drum, 1000 liter flow bin or flexi tank, and a 36000 liter or a 32-liter tanker load. Generally, restaurants and food establishments order it in bulk to pass on the savings to their patrons.
- When you use this ingredient daily the last thing you want is a cooking oil that foams too much. Sunflower oil includes an antifoam agent that prevents this excessive foaming from occurring during the cooking or frying process.
- Pure sunflower oil contains no cholesterol. It is high in polyunsaturated fats and low in saturated fats. Therefore it is preferred by many people as it is a healthier solution.
- It has multiple uses. It can be used for frying foods such as chips, fish, and chicken, amongst others. You can use it to bake various cakes, muffins, scones, etcetera. It is ideal for roasting potatoes, chicken, and vegetables in the oven because it gives a beautiful golden glow. Furthermore, it can be used in salads as a salad dressing.
- This type of oil has long shelf life when stored in the correct conditions because it contains antioxidants that enhance the lifespan of the oil.
- It is an unadulterated cooking oil that is free from minerals and added extraneous organic acids because it is triple-refined and extracted from the sunflower seed. In addition, it is addictive and allergen-free. Certain sunflower oils undergo a strict quality control process to ensure that it is acceptable for consumption.
- Certain sunflower oils are so beneficial for health that they are approved by the Heart and Stroke Foundation. Make sure that you check the label for this approval.
After reviewing the seven aforementioned points it is clear to see why sunflower oil is such a popular and preferred ingredient in many households, restaurants, and food establishments.