Have you looked in the mirror recently? What do you see? Do you see bright, naturally glowing skin or tired-looking skin?
Your face works very hard. It is your reflection on the world.
You may use natural skin care products and have a daily cleansing system, however, when was the last time you consciously exercised your face?
Strip away your make-up and cleansing routine you are left with your bare skin. How does that look?
In this post, I offer you seven simple facial exercises to refresh, rejuvenate and energize your facial skin.
Staring At A Computer Screen For Too Long Makes Your Eyes Tired
Like the rest of your body, stress and tension are stored in your face, for example, if you spend a lot of time staring at a computer screen, chances are your eyes will become sore and tired; you may without realizing start to clench your jaw and grind your teeth; hunch your shoulders or strain your neck muscles. The build-up of tension is stored in your body and affects your mobility and stiffens your body.
Seven Simple Facial Exercises For Glowing Skin
The following are a few simple facial exercises that will help you to relax tense tired facial muscles, release stress and improve circulation. Your face will feel energized, alive and tingly.
These simple facial exercises can be done sitting comfortably on a chair.
1. Sitting comfortably breathe in and as you breathe out gently allow your shoulders to relax. Continue to focus on your breathing and allow your face to be soft, relax your jaw and gently close your eyes. Spend a few moments just consciously focusing on relaxing your facial muscles, and feel the tension and stress melt away as you focus on your breath.
2. Pretend to chew gum. Chew for 1 – 3 minutes, making large chewing and smacking motions. The louder and noisier the better.
3. Scrunch your face real tight like a prune – pull your eyebrows down, draw your cheeks in toward your nose, and purse your lips. Hold for a count of five and release. Repeat 3 – 5 times.
4. Squeeze and pinch your cheeks to improve circulation in your face.
5. Place the index and middle fingers of both hands in the middle of your forehead. Gently rub your forehead by making small circular movements with your fingers. Slowly, move your fingers to your temples and make small circles over the temples. Gradually work your fingers alongside your nostrils, then over to your jaw muscles. Spend a few moments, opening and closing your jaw as you massage your jaw and cheeks. Relax and repeat this sequence 3 – 5 times.
6. Take a long deep breath in and slowly breathe out. Scrunch your face up, like a dried prune. Open your eyes look upwards; open your mouth, stretch out your tongue, and Roarrrrrr like a lion. Repeat until you feel powerful, calm, and in control.
7. Close your eyes and take a few rounds of deep yogic breathing. Rub your palms together, very fast until they feel warm. Gently place your cupped hands over your closed eyes. Relax and breathe. Repeat.
Your face deserves to be treated well. Make it part of your daily skincare routine to slip in at least 2 or 3 of the above facial exercises. You will feel energized and best of all get a natural glow to your face.