1) Start with a small goal at first ie. I want to lose 2 pounds in 2 weeks. Then every time you have to exercise just think about your goal and what you want to achieve and then it becomes much easier to stay motivated. Once you start noticing your losing weight then you can aim for higher goals but its always important to have a goal in mind before you being and exercise program.
2) Don’t shy away from asking others for help if you need it. The best ways you can learn how to properly exercise is from others who have experience and can relate to your problems. You can seek the help of professionals or others who work out at your gym who would be happy to help you.
3) Keep track of your meals and how many calories you are taking in each day. This is a good way to access your progress and see where you might need to cut calories from or what things you need to change in order to get a more balanced diet. After awhile it becomes like second nature and you don’t even have to think about it much since you are eating healthier and you body will begin to want better foods to eat.
4) Take before and after pictures before you start your workout routine. This help you to actually see the physical progress that you have made and keeps you motivated to continue forward. Also take measurements of your weight to see how much you have actually lost which is a big boost to confidence when you see how much progress you have made.
5) Have a wide variety of different activities to do. The more varieties of things you have to do the less likely you will be to get bored with one workout or exercise routine. Anything that gets you active is good try different things and see what you like.