About US Tourist Visa

There are different categories for tourist visas. Someone who is planning to enter the United States to conduct business needs a B-1 tourist visa. Someone who will be entering the US for tourism, visiting, or pleasure must obtain a B-2. Those men and women who hope to combine business with travel or pleasure must obtain a B-1/B-2.

To obtain any of the above-named documents, a foreign national must obtain a Form DS-160. It can be downloaded from the Internet. Once completed, the Form must be brought to an interview at a US embassy or consulate. In some countries, the visa payment must be made before the interview, and the receipt must be brought to that scheduled meeting.

In all countries, the person who attends an interview, in hopes of getting one of the tourist visas must bring the proper-sized photograph. In addition, he or she must produce evidence of sufficient funds for covering all possible expenses, during the time spent in the United States. A bank statement or a salary slip can serve as an appropriate form of evidence.

Another item that proves helpful to the person who will be interviewed is a confirmed itinerary. That generally shows that hotels and travel arrangements have been paid for. Another item that must be presented at the time of the interview is a valid US passport. The passport should be valid for at least 6 months beyond the time that the visa applicant will be staying in the country.

Once someone has obtained a B-1, he or she can plan to visit the United States to tour, visit, enjoy a vacation, obtain medical treatment for some condition, take part in a fraternal, social, or service event, participate in an amateur musical or sports event or enroll in a recreational course. Once someone has a B-2, he or she can enter the country and consult with members of a business, attend a scientific or another conference of a professional nature, settle an estate, or negotiate a contract.

Still, the person who has been granted a tourist visa is expected to obey the limitations on his or her activities. He or she is not allowed to attend classes for credit during the visa-covered stay. He or she is not allowed to seek employment or to take part in a paid performance. Furthermore, that visa-holder is not allowed to operate as a member of a film crew or a member of the foreign press.

If the idea of traveling to the US for meeting friends and family is on the cards, then you need the assistance of an immigration attorney to help speed up the process. To start with, if you are going for the first time, it is best to have someone knowledgeable to help you with the process. The immigration attorney service works with a multitude of visa-seekers and is conversant with the latest laws. They can help you apply, complete the needed documentation and help with the questions for the interview.

Source by Karoline Hurfurth

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *