What is Acne?
Acne, basically is the result of our skin’s sebaceous (oil) glands getting blocked and is a health condition that, like the common cold, has yet to find the ultimate cure. Sometimes it’s genetic, often it’s not. Acne usually occurs around our teenage years, but sometimes we can suddenly get a breakout in our 30s or 40s (stress or hormonal changes). Most over-the-counter treatments are intended for external, more superficial use, but to achieve the best, long-lasting results acne treatment must be internal.
About The Treatment.
Firstly, I always recommend dietary changes and herbal supplements (to stimulate liver and bowel movements) for deep cleansing and detoxification. Also, drink lots of water to flush out the system.
Successful acne treatment needs to include balancing hormonal levels, detoxifying the body, and boosting immunity.
To be 15 years old and suffer from acne can be extremely stressful. I’ve added some reflex points to work on that will help your teen cope better emotionally. Often stress can cause further inflammation and thus make matters even worse.
OK, here it is:
The Ultimate Acne Treatment:
• Start each day with a glass (or two) of water with a tablespoon (or two) of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
• Use a herbal formula with dandelion (to cleanse the liver), calendula, burdock (to soothe skin inflammation), and yellow dock (clears chronic skin problems, encourages bowel movements, and promotes liver function).
• Cut down on fatty, sugary foods!
Reflexology Points to Work On (open and print a foot chart here):
For cleansing and detoxifying:
• Neck lymph nodes
• Kidneys and bladder
For hormonal and immune boosts:
• Pituitary gland (hormonal balancing)
• Adrenal (good point for anti-stress too)
• Thymus gland
• Solar plexus (hold point on both feet simultaneously at the end of the treatment)
Wow, that’s a pretty good treatment! Give it (or get it) once or twice a week for at least a month, together with the herbal supplements and you’ll see a huge improvement in no time