Fried Pickles in the Air Fryer or Baked!
Fried Pickles are ane of our favorite appetizers when we go out. So why not make them at home so we can have them anytime. Now we all know frying in oil is not the healthiest or lowest in calories way to have a treat. So why not air fry or Bake the pickles. Here’s what we found
- It’s super easy to make “Fried Pickles”
- The flavor is the same. . .maybe better than fried
- The pickles can be reheated and the great pickle flavor is still there!
- Air Fry and Baked tastes the same
Air Fry Vs Baking for “Fried Pickles”!
We decided to see if there was actually a difference in the flavor of Fried Pickles when using Air Fry method over Baking method. The big thing we found was the flavor is the same. What really matters is the quality of the pickle and the seasoning used in the breading.
OK for both methods (Air Fry or to Bake) we used the same seasoning and preparations.
First and most important step is to drain the pickles and dry the pickles on paper towels. Dry the pickles on the paper towels for at least 15 minutes.
Mix together Flour and Salt. Beat the Eggs and juice from the dill pickles in separate bowl and final bowl mix together Cayenne pepper, Garlic Powder and Panko.
Beat the Eggs and pickles juice. Dip the Pickles in the flour mixture then in the eggs and then into the Panko mixture.
Air Fry Pickles
Spray the Air Fryer basket with an olive oil cooking spray, place the breaded pickles in the air fryer and spray the top of the pickles with the olive oil spray. Air fry at 400 degrees for 4 minutes and flip the pickles and air fry for an additional 4 minutes.
ENJOY with your favorite dip. We like Ranch Dressing and I have to say Lite House Ranch dressing has become one of our favorite brands.
Same steps for breading the Pickles as for Air Frying. Place the breaded pickles on a foil lined baking sheets. Suggest using non stick foil works the best. Generously spray the foil with olive oil cooking spray. This helps give that crunch jus like fried pickles. Place in a 400 degrees pre heated oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and enjoy!!!
Difference Between Air Fry and Baked “Fried” Pickles
The Flavor is the same. Both ways have a great crunch. Adding the Pickle juice to the eggs really give a great dill flavor to the pickles.
Air Frying is faster. It only takes 8 minutes and you don’t have to preheat the air fryer. The kitchen won’t heat up. But the air fryer doesn’t cook as any pickles at one time
Baking the pickles requires pre heating the oven. It takes 10 minutes for the picks be nice and crispy. Plus you have to spray a good amount of olive oil on the baking sheet foil. More pickles can be made at one time.
Conclusion Air Fry vs Baked
It is all your preference. For us if we want a few pickles at a time we will air fry. But if we have a game on and friends over it is quicker in the oven for a large quantity of pickles.
Best part if you have leftover pickles, which I doubt you will, they can be reheated in the oven or air fryer. For reheating I prefer the Air fryer. Takes 4 minutes and the pickles are nice and crispy and ready to much on!!!
Another fun Air Fryer recipe to have wit the Fried pickles is our Air Fryer Chicken Wings.
- 16 Ounce Dill Pickles
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Tablespoon Dill Pickle Juice
- 2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup Panko
Breading for Pickles
- Mix together Flour, Salt, and Black Pepper
1 Cup Flour, 1 teaspoon Salt, 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Beat Eggs and add Pickle Juice
2 Eggs, 3 Tablespoon Dill Pickle Juice
- Mix together Panko, Cayenne and Garlic Powder
2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder, 1 Cup Panko
- Dip Pickles in flour mixture
16 Ounce Dill Pickles
- Dip the Pickles in Egg mixture
- Dip the Pickles in Panko mixture. Gently press Panko into the pickle to ensure it sticks.
For Air Frying
- Spray the air fryer basket with Olive oil cooking spray
- Place the pickles in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Do not overcrowd. Lightly spray the top of the pickles with olive oil. Air Fry at 400 degrees for 4 minutes
- Flip the Pickles and light spray the pickles with olive oil. Cook for additional 4 minutes or until the pick;es reach the desired crispiness
- Enjoy with your favorite dip!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and Generously coat with Olive oil cooking spray. Line baking sheet with foil and Generously coat with Olive oil cooking spray.
- Place Pickles on baking tray. Cook for 10 minutes or until reach desired crispiness.
- Enjoy with your favorite dip. We like Ranch dressing!!!!!!
Calories: 83kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 483mg | Potassium: 54mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 186IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg