Let’s face it; most guys don’t know the first thing when it comes to male skin care.
Many beauty experts myself included are often asked “How do I select the best man skin care products?” Right here I’m going to give you my best suggestions for selecting quality man skin care products.
You need to understand that the skin of a man is quite different than that of a woman. In the past when male skin care products were limited, many men tried using women’s products. Due to the difference in skin types, they saw limited results. Today there are many product lines devoted to men. So how do you choose the best, most effective products?
It’s important to know that no one product works for all skin problems. In all likelihood, you will need a combination of several products until you get the results you want. Some products will require you to use them daily for a while, while others you will use weekly then once or twice a month to maintain results.
You may need to use anywhere from 2-5 different male skin care products, in the beginning, to get your problem under control. If you choose wisely, you won’t need to mortgage your home. There are many effective moderately priced products. To get started, you may want to consider the following items:
- A good quality facial fluid to moisturize, soothes, and rejuvenate your skin.
- Eye contour gel will help get rid of the puffiness and dark circles around your eyes.
- A deep active hydrating mask. You need this if your skin is irritated, rough, or exposed to severe weather. It will help to moisten and make your skin smoother and softer.
- A cleansing mask. You will only need to use this about once every 2 weeks. A cleansing mask will get rid of toxins that build up in your skin and give your skin an extra deep cleansing.
- Overall body lotion. This can be used to help maintain the results you achieve with the other products.
Another factor you need to be concerned with in choosing the best in man skin care is the quality of the ingredients. Stay away from male skin care products that use cheap fillers such as alcohol, which will dry out your skin and make it worse.
Look for products that contain as many natural plant-based ingredients as possible. A few of the ingredients to look for are Natural Vitamin E, Avocado, and Macadamia nut oils, along with active Manuka honey which comes from New Zealand. These are just a few of the natural ingredients to look for in quality male skin care products.
In conclusion, when it comes to man skin care, use a combination of products until you get the results you are looking for. Then you can switch to a maintenance routine. Search for as many natural plant-based ingredients as you can find. Also, organic plant-based ingredients are best. You can also take it a step further and seek cruelty-free products not tested on animals if you are fond of our furry friends.