Indulge in the deliciousness of Creamy Asparagus and salmon Pasta, a dish that not only excites your taste buds but also works perfectly with your Slimming World journey. This recipe combines pasta, fresh salmon, and vibrant asparagus in a creamy Greek yogurt-based sauce, creating a flavourful mid-week Syn-free meal.
Creamy Asparagus and salmon Pasta isn’t just a treat for your taste buds; it’s also incredibly filling. The combination of protein-packed salmon, tender pasta, and nutrient-dense asparagus creates a satisfying meal that will keep you comfortably full for hours. Plus, the creamy Greek yogurt sauce adds a luscious element without piling on excess calories.
The best part? Even the little ones at the table can’t resist its charm. The mild, creamy flavors and the fun twist of asparagus spears make it a hit with kids, ensuring that everyone in the family can enjoy a nutritious and delectable meal together.
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- Syn free
- Low in calories
- So filling
- Perfect for the whole family
- So creamy
- Delicious and tender
- Batch cook friendly
- Easy to make
Benefits of eating salmon regularly
- Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- High-Quality Protein
- Loaded with Nutrients
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Brain Health
What pasta is best for this dish?
When making a pasta dish like Creamy Asparagus & Salmon Pasta, opt for whole wheat pasta. Its nutty flavor and slightly firmer texture pair beautifully with the creamy sauce and the delicate taste of salmon. Whole wheat pasta is also a healthier choice, as it provides more fiber and essential nutrients compared to regular pasta, making your meal not only delicious but also nutritionally sound.
I don’t like asparagus, can I use something else?
Certainly! If asparagus isn’t to your liking, feel free to substitute it with another vegetable of your choice. Broccoli florets, spinach, or peas work wonderfully in Creamy Asparagus and salmon Pasta, adding their unique flavors and textures to the dish. You have the flexibility to customize this recipe to suit your preferences, ensuring a meal that you’ll truly enjoy.
Batch Cook – Storage Information
- Fridge: Allow to cool before placing in an airtight container. This pasta will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days and it even tastes amazingly cold.
- Reheat: Reheat in the microwave or on the hob. Add a few drops of water before reheating.
- Freezer: Allow to cool before placing in an airtight container. This pasta will be kept in the freezer for up to 6 months. Allow to defrost before reheating.
DON’T MISS A SINGLE RECIPE! SIGN UP TO FREE EMAILS BELOW.
Creamy Asparagus & Salmon Pasta
- 200g Whole Wheat Pasta
- 260g Boneless Salmon Fillets
- 125g Asparagus Tips [Trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces]
- 1 Medium Onion [Diced]
- 2 Garlic Cloves [Minced]
- 150g Fat Free Greek Style Yoghurt [Room Temp]
- 80ml Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh Dill [Finely Chopped]
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Cook the Pasta: Boil a large pot of water, add a pinch of salt, and cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare the Salmon: Season the salmon fillet with a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat a pan over medium-high heat with a spritz of low-calorie cooking spray. Add the salmon and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side or until it flakes easily with a fork. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Sauté the Veggies: In the same pan, add the chopped onion and asparagus. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are tender but still crisp. Add the minced garlic and sauté for an additional 30 seconds.
- Make the Sauce: Reduce the heat to low, then stir in the Greek yogurt, chicken or vegetable broth, and lemon juice. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is heated through and slightly thickened.
- Flake the Salmon: Gently flake the cooked salmon into bite-sized pieces and add it to the pan.
- Combine and Season: Return the cooked pasta to the pan with the creamy salmon and asparagus mixture. Toss everything together to coat the pasta and ingredients evenly. Stir in the fresh dill and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve: Portion the Creamy Asparagus and salmon Pasta into serving plates. If desired, garnish with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese (note that the cheese adds extra calories/sys).